CMH invented Heli-Skiing
Skiers dream about big mountains with fresh powder, no crowded lift lines, just long, free and joyous runs. CMH made this dream come true for skiers from all over the world. Our skiing guests appreciate our high level Heliski program with well-educated and experienced alpine guides, skilled helicopter pilots and the high standard guest service that we offer in our lodges and they keep coming back for more! In addition to our traditional Heli-Ski weeks (7-day trips), we are also offering, throughout the season, several 3-, 4-, and 5-day Heli-skiing trips to some of our ski areas.
CMH offers Heli-Skiing from 11 lodges in British Columbia
We offer heli-skiing from our magnificent lodges: Adamants, Bobbie Burns, Bugaboos, Cariboos, Galena, Gothics, CMH K2, Monashees, Nomads, Revelstoke and Valemount. Our 11 distinct ski areas in the remote mountains of British Columbia cover 15,765 square kilometres, more than a third of the size of Switzerland.
Mountain holidays and adventures for all ages
At day’s end, guests return home to their comfortable mountain lodges for a relaxing jacuzzi, sauna, and a hearty meal prepared by world-class chefs and pastry specialists. The team at CMH is doing their best to create a relaxing family atmosphere and encourages everyone to feel at home in the lodge during their stay.
- You can ski any black runs in any ski resort
- Annual ski week (or more) in a major ski resort
- Ready to ski all terrains and conditions
- Fit enough to ski for a few consecutive days
- Not a polished skier? That’s okay- but you should be able to keep up with most.
What’s included in a CMH Heli-Skiing trip?
- Guaranteed vertical meters of helicopter skiing or snowboarding:
10-Day Trips – 43,570 vertical meters (142,860 vertical feet)
7-Day Trips – 30,500 vertical meters (100,000 vertical feet)
5-Day Trips – 21,780 vertical meters (71,000 vertical feet)
4-Day Trips – 17,500 vertical meters (57,000 vertical feet)
3-Day Trips – 13,110 vertical meters (43,000 vertical feet)
- All meals, snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages.
- All lodge accommodations and use of lodge facilities such as saunas, whirlpools, etc.
- Fully escorted transportation to and from Calgary International Airport on all trips.
- ACMG (Association of Canadian Mountain Guides), and/or IFMGA (International federation of Mountain Guides Association) certified guides, and benefits of HeliCat Canada membership.
- Special skis and poles. NOTE: CMH has a limited number of snowboards and encourage riders to bring their own, as well as boots (and if possible collapsible poles). Boots are not provided. See Snowboarding for more information about appropriate equipment.
- Training in and use of avalanche transceivers
NOTICE: ALL SKIERS ARE REQUIRED TO SIGN A CMH HELI-SKI WAIVER
CMH & Alpine Helicopters
The primary helicopters we use are twin-engine, 11-passenger, jet-powered Bell 212. We use Bell 407 for groups of 5 skiers in our small hcp program and private week for 4 heli-skiers. Bell L3 are used as service helicopter for guest lunches in the mountain, for safety guides and special flights. The total fleet that CMH utilize are 25 helicopters including spare helicopters based in Golden and in the home base Kelowna.
Our pilots are specially trained in mountain environment and areactive participants in our safety network. They give comprehensive safety instructions around the helicopter before our heli-ski guests lift off for their first run.
Ongoing maintenance is provided by a full-time engineer based in each area. All helicopters are equipped with modified skid gear to land on snow, a side basket with a lid to carry skis and snowboards, and radios to ensure continuous communication between pilot, guides, the base lodge, other CMH areas, and outside resources. Alpine helicopters run total maintenance programs on all our helicopters on a regular basis in Kelowna.
We would be glad to send you our heli-ski brochure and talk with you about heli-skiing in Canada, so give us a call at +46 (0)8 716 1190.
To see the price list, click here: PRICES