ARRIVAL LODGE / AREA
Departure and arrival times for each area will vary; please refer to the Arrival & Departure Details on our website
- After settling in to your room and a quick lodge orientation you will be asked to step outside for a helicopter safety briefing and avalanche rescue transceiver training. Please dress warmly as you may be outside for more than an hour. Depending on the logistics and available daylight some of the safety orientation may be completed the following day.
- Dinner is served family style, with guests and staff dining together. If you would like a specific wine please ask the bartender prior to dinner.
Please note that for the Adamants, Bobbie Burns, Bugaboos, Cariboos and Revelstoke trips, you will be skiing on your arrival day, following lunch. If you are self-driving to Revelstoke, you must arrive at the same time as the bus to take part in the safety training with the group. If you are not there at this time, you will not be able ski the first afternoon.
Times for breakfast, lunch and dinner may vary and will be announced by the lodge staff.
- Optional morning stretch class. Highly recommended.
- Breakfast is served.
- Check the daily group list and be ready for the appropriate time. Don’t forget your avalanche transceiver and guest pack before you depart for an exhilarating day of powder skiing.
- Return time to the lodge will vary, depending on weather and time of year. Most areas offer you a chance to return to the lodge during the day on a fuel run. (Except Kootenay)
WHAT TO WEAR WHILE SKIING / RIDING
- Please dress the same way you would for resort skiing, preferably in layers.
- Goggles are highly recommended.
- Helmets are not mandatory for all CMH Heli-Skiing. They are mandatory for Steep Camp and Free Ride programs. One that offers a low profile or 3/4 coverage shell and a removable ear cover are the way to go for Heli-Skiing, as the ear covers can be removed easily depending on the temperature. Helmets that fully cover the ear (e.g. race helmets) may be a safety hazard if they prevent you from hearing the guide’s instructions.
- Gloves/mitts, wool hat/toque.
Water, hydration drinks and snacks are available in the helicopter throughout the day.
- CMH provides a selection of powder skis from Atomic and K2, and custom Scott poles. Our on- site ski technicians will set up your boots and poles upon arrival at the lodge. You will be advised of the proper procedure and paperwork en route to the lodge.
- You must bring your own ski/snowboard boots.
- Snowboarders are recommended to bring their own board. CMH does have a limited number of Burton snowboards for guest use and they must be reserved in advance of your trip.
- Training and use of the provided avalanche rescue transceiver is mandatory for all CMH guests. Your training time and place will be advised upon arrival to the lodge.
- All guests will be required to carry a CMH guest pack that includes a radio, probe and shovel. There will be minimal room in the pack to carry extras such as snacks or clothing.
- Helicopter ear-protection will be available for purchase in the retail shop.
- The CMH guide team will evaluate the snow, avalanche and weather conditions daily and throughout the day to decide on safe areas and runs to ski based on their hazard and risk evaluations and decisions.
- Weather permitting, lunch will be served in the field. An assortment of sandwiches, stews, hot tea, soup, and other snacks including fruit, vegetables and cookies will be flown out to meet you at a designated lunch spot for the day. If you have any specific dietary needs/requirements please make sure to let us know prior to your trip.
- If you must smoke please do so away from the helicopter and other guests, and bring a container to carry away the ashes and butts. Littering is not permitted.
- At the end of the ski day you will have time to relax in the spa area, get a massage or enjoy a drink by the bar before dinner.
DEPARTURE DAY FROM THE LODGE / AREA
- Breakfast is served.
- Check the daily group list and be ready for the appropriate time.
- After skiing a hot buffet lunch will be served at the lodge prior to departing for the heli-pad. The departure list will be posted; please make sure you are at the heli-pad at your specified time.
Please note that for the Adamants, Bobbie Burns, Bugaboos, Cariboos and Revelstoke trips there is no skiing on your departure day. You will enjoy breakfast and then depart from the lodge.