PLANNING CHECKLIST Refer to this list as you plan your trip:
- IMPORTANT! Complete and return waiver
- Pay balance of trip at least 14 weeks prior to departure (we will remind you when it is time for final payment).
- Return completed GUEST QUESTIONNAIRE (emailed to you) to finalize your trip details, i.e. credit card information, optional trip cancellation and /or medical insurance, pre and post accommodation, transport requirements, rooming, special food requirements and medical information.
- Book airline tickets
CMH TRIP INCLUSIONS
- All meals, snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages.
- All lodge accommodations and use of lodge facilities such as saunas, whirlpools, etc.
- Fully escorted transportation to and from Calgary International Airport on trips to Adamants, Bobbie Burns and Bugboos. Kelowna Airport on trips to Cariboos, Galena, Gothics, Monashees and Revelstoke. Transport is not included in the trip price for trips to Kootenay. Please refer to the Arrival and Departure schedule on our website.
- ACMG (Association of Canadian Mountain Guides), and/or IFMGA (International federation of Mountain Guides Association) certified guides, and benefits of HeliCat Canada membership.
- Use of our skis and poles. Ski boots are not provided. Note: CMH has a limited number of snowboards available which must be reserved in advance of your trip. We encourage riders to bring their own board and boots (and if necessary collapsible poles). Snowboard boots are not provided.
- Training in and use of avalanche transceivers.
- Guaranteed vertical meters*.
EXTRA COSTS TO BE BUDGETED:
- Extra vertical metres. In average we fly our guests 37.000 meters in one week, a well trained person would reach more than 40.000 metres. Additional vertical above the guarantee is charged at CAD 155 (Small Group & Steeps, CAD 175) per 1000 vertical metres. Our guests decide during the week if they choose to ski above the guarantee.
- Bar beverages
- Massage, to be booked at the lodge
- Atlantic flights to/from Calgary for Adamants, Bobbie Burns and Bugaboos (approx. CAD 1000)
- Atlantic flights to/from Kelowna for Galena, Gothics, Monashees, Revelstoke and Kootenay (approx. CAD 1000)
- Marriott Calgary Airport Hotel for Adamants, Bobbie Burns and Bugaboos (eventually upon arrival and before departure).
- Four Points Sheraton Kelowna for Cariboos, Galena, Gothics, Monashees, Revelstoke and Kootenay (eventually upon arrival and before departure).
- For Kootenay transportation is not inclued, contact us for info and booking.
SIGNATURE & SMALL GROUP TRIPS*
Trip length Vertical guarantee
8-Day trip 34,860 m (114,370 ft)
7-Day trip 30,500 m (100,000 ft)
6-Day trip 26,150 m (86,000 ft)
5-Day trip 21,780 m (71,000 ft) 15,250 for RE & KO trips
4-Day trip 17,500 m (57,000 ft) 12,340 for RE & KO trips
3-Day trip 11,500 m (38,000 ft)
*The vertical meter guarantee, addition meter charges, and refund levels vary for Private trips and will be noted on your confirmation. SKI FUSION TRIPS Trip Length Vertical Guarantee
7-Day trip 17,500 m (114,370 ft) 4-day Heli-Skiing and 3-day Touring
5-Day trip 11,500 m (38,000 ft) 3-day Heli-Skiing and 2-day Touring
NOTE: Heli-Assisted Ski Touring Trips do not have a vertical guarantee.
POWDER INTRO / POWDER MASTERS / STEEP SHOT & PILLOW DROPS
These trips include guaranteed vertical metres based on the length of the trip, and due to the instructional nature of the program CMH will only provide metre refunds if groups ski less than the refund level shown below.
Trip length Vertical provided
7-Day trip 30,500 m (100,000 ft)
6-Day trip 26,150 m (86,000 ft)
5-Day trip 21,780 m (71,000 ft)
4-Day trip 17,500 m (57,000 ft)
3-Day trip 11,500 m (38,000 ft)
*Powder Intro & Powder Masters includes above metres but guarantee for a 7-day trip 21,500 metres, 6-day trip 18,310 metres, 5-day trip 15,250 and 4-day 12,340 metres. FAMILY TRIPS Guests aged 12-19 that are receiving child pricing will be guaranteed ½ the vertical of an adult space, based on trip length.
Trip length Childs vertical guarantee
7-Day trip 15,250 m (50,000 ft)
6-Day trip 13,050 m (43,000 ft)
5-Day trip 10,890 m (35,500 ft)
4-Day trip 8,750 m (28,500 ft)
3-Day trip 5,750 m (19,000 ft)
Each signature Heli-Ski trip has a guarantee of vertical meters, noted below.
- Your trip price includes the guaranteed vertical metres listed above. Note: CMH calculates these metres based on actual skiing or boarding. We don’t charge for “vertical lift” such as flights to and from the skiing. There is a charge for additional vertical skied above the guarantee, please see our Dates & Prices for the current rate. Heli-Skiers/Boarders are not charged for extra vertical unless they actually ski, which eliminates pressure on individuals to continue skiing with their group.
- CMH offers the most generous refund policy in the Heli-Ski industry in the event of mechanical breakdown or poor weather.
- We highly recommend that you purchase Travel Medical Insurance and Cancellation/Interruption Insurance prior to your arrival, to insure against possible injury while heli-skiing.
TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND VISA A valid passport and eTA visum is required for entry into Canada. eTA approval is connected electronically to your passport and is valid for 5 years or until your passport expire. Apply here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta-start.asp For approach to the US you need an ESTA-visum, which you can purchase here: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta
TRANSPORTATION TO THE AREAS All guests need to fly into Calgary, Kelowna or Kamloops Airports, depending on which lodge has been booked. Arriving no later than the night before your trip start date. In the event that you miss the scheduled CMH transport, it will be your responsibility for all costs incurred. Kootenay guests need to arrive at Kootenay in Nakusp, by 18:00 PST on their trip start date. Please ensure that you arrive on time. We offer scheduled pick up and drop off locations at certain locations enroute to each area. Arrival & Departure Schedules for each area can also be found on our website specific to each area. Transportation to and from Kootenay can be arranged for you at an additional cost by CMH Transportation. Private area guests please refer to our website for your specific area or contact us.
DRIVING TO THE HELIPAD You can drive directly to all CMH helipads. Most CMH lodges operate on Mountain Time. If you are driving, plan to arrive at the helipad at least 15 minutes prior to the first flight (see Arrival & Departure Schedule sent with your final documents). The helicopter exchange begins on schedule bringing outgoing guests to the helipad and incoming guests to the lodge. Maps to the helipad are available. Please note that if you are self-driving to one of the lodges, you will need to arrive at the same time as the CMH scheduled transport and sometimes earlier if advised. Your late arrival will jeopardize your start to skiing.
SPECIAL TRANSPORTATION If you wish to customize your transportation arrangements kindly contact us.
PRE AND POST ACCOMODATION CMH guests traveling on their CMH trip receive special room rates at the Marriott Calgary Airport Hotel, Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport and Sandman Signature in Kamloops. The pricing includes all taxes, gratuities, baggage handling and breakfast. CMH Reservations will make reservations on your behalf as per your completed Guest Questionnaire emailed with your Final Payment Invoice. The cost of your Pre and Post accommodation is not included in the cost of your CMH trip and payment is taken care of upon check out. Private area guests please refer to our website for your specific area. Please refer to your Final Payment Invoice (Guest Questionnaire) for hotel rates or contact us. We can also assist with booking customized pre/post trip arrangements.
TRAVEL INSURANCE Trip cancellation/interruption and medical insurance is available for Visitors to Canada and Canadians. For your peace of mind and to avoid any financial hardship that an unexpected cancellation, interruption or medical emergency could cause. Review your present medical insurance to verify you have coverage for Canada along with helicopter evacuation coverage. If not, we strongly suggest you purchase medical insurance before entering Canada, please contact us for information.
LUGGAGE LIMIT The dress is informal, so there is no need to pack an extensive wardrobe. Limit your luggage to one piece weighing no more than 40 lbs plus one small carry-on bag per person for the CMH Lodge. We recommend you take your ski- boots as carry-on luggage.
LODGE FACILITIES Hot tub / sauna / steam room (Hot Springs only at Kootenay), Massage, Complimentary Laundry facilities, Retail ski shop, Full service bar (with extensive wine list).
ROOM FACILITIES Hand and Body Wash, Bathrobe, Shampoo/Conditioner, Hair dryers in most guest rooms (please chech with reservations).
VOLTAGE Please note that Canada and the CMH lodges use 110-volt electrical outlets (same as in the US). We recommend bringing a power plug travel adaptor if you need to use your own electrical appliances.
ALLERGY ALERT – NUT FREE LODGE Please note that the BUGABOO and the BOBBIE BURNS lodges are nut free lodges. Please do not bring any trail mix, snacks, or sport bars containing nuts with you to the lodge.
SMOKING POLICY The CMH Lodges are located in remote wooded areas. All our lodges are NON-SMOKING.
WEATHER AND SNOW CONDITIONS Due to the high mountain environment, expect to experience various conditions. Mountain weather can change with very little warning. Temperatures range from highs of 0° C (32° F) to lows of -20 to -30° C (-4 to -22° F) before wind chill. Please refer to our online Snow Report for daily updates during our operating season.
CURRENCYThe currency used in Canada is the Canadian Dollar. U.S. Cash is accepted at established exchange rates at the CMH lodge and at many hotels, restaurants and shops. CMH accepts Visa, MasterCard & Amex. Please note when paying with credit card at the lodge you will be given a receipt, but the transaction will be processed at CMH Head Office in Banff after your trip.
TAX Canadian Government taxes that is added to all CMH trips are; GST – Goods & Service Tax 5% for all guests, BCHT – Brittish Columbia Hotel Tax 8% (Not for Revelstoke trips) and MHT – Municipal Hotel Tax 2% (Only for Bobbie Burns trips). Any subsequent purchase made in British Columbia will be subject to the full 5% GST (no rebate). An additional provincial tax will also be applied on goods (most services are exempt) and liquor purchased in B.C., this provincial tax of 7% on retail goods and 10% on liquor will be added to the 5% GST.
GRATUITIES Gratuities are not included in our prices, nor are they mandatory. Gratuities may be extended on a voluntary basis at the end of your ski week when incidental lodge charges are settled. All gratuities are divided amongst all the staff at the lodge.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND CONNECTIVITY Remoteness and isolation are features of the CMH experience. Guests appreciate the rare opportunity to “get away from it all”. For those guests who need to stay connected to the outside world, all lodges have a small business centre with guest computers, a couple of internet outlets and outgoing phones for guest use. Our non-remote lodges also offer internet access in each guest room. Long distance calling cards are available at the shop. For emergencies only, if you need to contact a guest at a CMH lodge, please call our Banff office at 001-403 762 7100 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. All messages received after hours will be relayed to the guest at the earliest opportunity. If you are a guest who is experiencing travel challenges, such as delayed or cancelled flights, please contact our Navigation Department on their direct line 001-403 762 7809 or email: email@example.com. This information is also included on your Arrival & Departure Schedule.